Friday, August 10, 2012

7 Weeks and Counting....

"No matter where you are on your journey, that's exactly where you need to be. The next road is always ahead."  -Oprah

We have received such wonderfully positive responses from friends, family and strangers.

"How can we help?" Especially, from those who do not scrapbook, have stepped up and offered to assist us in some manner for our event. Thank you all! It touches my heart and reminds me that asking for help is okay. If you know me, I have always been the type of person who rarely asks for help. I grew up in a household of very independent people, so reaching out to others was not the norm. Now over the years and seeing first hand with my grandmother and most recently my mother in-law, what this illness does to the person who has the illness and those family members who are the care givers, it really takes a community of people to help. Whether its a friend helping with the grocery shopping or providing a break to the care giver.

My family and I, thank you all and do not be surprised if you receive an email or phone call from me asking for help. The more we can make this event successful, the more people living with ALS can have resources to have a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment